- Start with a clear objective for your story. What do you want your audience to take away from the story?
- Use a compelling hook to grab your audience's attention from the start.
- Keep your story simple and focused. Avoid digressing or going off on tangents. I know easier said than done... But...
- Use relatable characters and settings to make your story more engaging.
- Use dialogue to help move the story along and to add depth to your characters.
- Use descriptive language to bring your story to life and create vivid images in your audience's minds.
- Use conflict and tension to create a sense of suspense and keep your audience engaged.
- Use a strong conclusion to tie everything together and leave a lasting impression on your audience.
Practice telling your story out loud to make sure it flows smoothly and sounds natural.
- Be authentic and genuine in your storytelling. Your audience will be more likely to connect with your story if it feels real and true.