Congratulations, you've journeyed far into the exciting landscape of content marketing! With strategy, distribution, planning, and so much more under your belt, there's just one more thrilling expedition ahead: Scheduling Your Content Promotion. Tighten your digital hiking boots; we're delving into this pivotal aspect that could make or break your content campaign.
Scheduling Your Content Promotion
We've all heard the saying, “Failing to plan is planning to fail.” But we're not here to spout clichés (I promise!). We're here to help you avoid the common pitfalls in content promotion by adopting a systematic and sensible approach. Here's a closer look at the different aspects of content promotion you need to master:
Map Out Owned Channels
When planning your content promotion, understanding your owned channels is paramount. Let's break this down:
- Promotion Cadence: How often will you share new content?
- Scheduling: When will you share? Morning? Evening? Consider your audience's behaviour.
- Segmentation: Tailor your content for different segments of your audience.
- Frequency: Balance is key! Too many emails might annoy subscribers, while too few might cause them to forget you.
- Platform-Specific Strategies: Tailor your content to each platform's unique characteristics.
- Timing: Leverage insights to find optimal posting times.
Example: Use tools like Buffer to pre-schedule posts, ensuring consistency without manual daily effort.
Leverage Paid Amplification Opportunities
Paid promotions offer another avenue to broaden your reach:
- Social Ads: Platforms like Facebook allow targeting specific demographics.
- Sponsored Articles: Partner with publishers to feature your content.
- Influencer Collaborations: Engage influencers that resonate with your brand.
Best Practice: Set a clear budget and align it with your goals. Consider platforms like Outbrain for native advertising.
Schedule Social Posting
Utilise scheduling tools like Missinglettr to automate and optimise the social promotion of each new content piece.
- Batch Scheduling: Schedule posts in bulk for a month or quarter.
- Analyse Performance: Adjust future schedules based on what’s working.
Plan Repurposing and Repromotion
Evergreen content can be a goldmine. Think about how to recycle and repurpose:
- Evergreen Content: Share valuable, timeless pieces periodically.
- Repurposed Formats: Turn blogs into infographics, podcasts, etc.
Collaborate Across Teams
A disjointed team can lead to a disjointed strategy. Make sure all stakeholders – email marketing, social media, PR – are harmonised.
Use Promotion Checklists
Crafting master promotional checklists ensures no stone is left unturned. Break it down by content type like downloadable assets, seasonal content, and more.
Analyse and Optimise
Your promotional activities should never be set in stone:
- Review Analytics: Platforms like Google Analytics can reveal what's working.
- Shift Efforts Accordingly: Redirect your budget and focus to high-performing areas.
Examples of Promotion Activities to Schedule
- Email: Define send dates and segments for new content.
- Paid Social Ads: Plan flights to amplify ebooks and guides.
- Evergreen Content: Reshare on a quarterly basis.
- Guest Posting: Set reminders for pitching and syndication.
- Recurring Posts: Regularly share popular archival content.
Scheduling your content promotion is like preparing a well-cooked meal – the right ingredients, in the right quantities, at the right time, make for a delicious success. If you have any questions or perhaps you've found some additional seasoning, do leave a comment.